Monday, October 29, 2012

Oil Cleansing 14-Day Challenge - Here We Go!

Yesterday I came across a Pinterest pin about oil cleansing and after doing some further research, I was lead to this awesome blog following one woman's journey (and her college-aged daughter) through the process...  I was so impressed by their results, I decided to give it a try.

Here's the rundown of what has now become my nightly routine:

*squeeze about a quarter size amount of oil mixture into palm (75% cold pressed castor oil, 25% extra virgin olive oil) and rub hands together to warm
*massage oil on face with fingertips for about one minute
*soak clean washcloth in hot water, wring out, and place on your face
*let washcloth sit there on your face until it has cooled
*gently wipe oil off with washcloth (don't rub)

In the morning you have a few options - you can simply get up and go (no standing at the sink whatsoever), you can splash some cold water on your face, or if you are like me and the mere thought of NOT washing your face in the morning totally freaks you out, you can slap on some witch hazel as a toner.  To be specific, I actually picked up Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel for this precise purpose and really love it thus far...

I took a "before" picture yesterday and a "day 1" picture this morning after my first treatment.  I ACTUALLY have already noticed a difference...totally crazy, I know.  I'll try to update after I give this a few more days to work :-D

No comments: