Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Obligatory Halloween Post

I'm actually incredibly glad that Halloween is falling on a Wednesday this year...you see currently Wednesdays are pretty dead for us here at our house.  Cole's preschool is on Tuesdays and Thursdays and Vera's mother's day out is on Thursdays.  Cole also has private cello lessons on Tuesday evenings and group cello lessons every other Thursday evening...needless to say those days are pretty packed most weeks.  I think we'll end up switching him to Monday, Wednesday, Friday preschool next year to gear up for a full 5 day a week kindergarten program the year following, but I'm sure I'll feel like a taxi cab EVERY day instead of just twice a week.  Ahhh...oh well.  I have learned you get busier and busier with each year.  I haven't even begun to think about when we add ballet/tap & violin for Vera in 2014...ugh.

Anyway, this is supposed to be a Halloween post...so here are our plans for today:

*simmering a big pot of faux Wendy's chili for the next 8 hours
*cleaning & re-cleaning the house...all...day...long
*trying not to lose my mind
*attempting not to use the heat (not really working)
*hoping Jake is out super early
*dressing the kids in their costumes
*heading to the neighborhood park for a fun, chili potluck pre-trick-or-treating with a ton of friends
*and finally...trick-or-treating...(followed very quickly by the kids' bedtimes!)

In honor of Halloween, I'll post the chili recipe for your enjoyment...



A few notes: I normally QUARTER the recipe just for our family (using 1lb of ground beef), but this time I halved the recipe to have more for the crowd (used 2lbs of ground beef).  It is actually far easier to cut the recipe in half as it works out better with your canned ingredients.  I'm having pasta on the side as where I grew up (in Louisville) chili *always* had either spaghetti or macaroni in it or at least under it, although I know it will totally throw people off down here, hence having it separate from the chili.  I also love to top it off with shredded cheddar, sour cream, & crackers...yum.

P.S.  For those of you literally on the edge of their seats waiting for my oil cleansing update, it is coming!  I'm hoping to update at the 7 day mark and then again at the 14 day mark.  For now I can say it is DEFINITELY WORKING for me!!!  Zero new breakouts...I'm still in shock.  Already I have found myself totally skipping concealer...?!  Amazing.

1 comment:

SarahR said...

I love "Louisville Chili"! Have a great Halloween!