Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Mashed Potatoes...Wow.

Today I decided to make turkey & dressing w/ mashed potatoes & gravy...all in the crockpot.  Well, all in the crockpot except for the mashed potatoes, which I just made.  I have ONLY ever made Pioneer Woman's mashed potatoes, and wow...they are astounding!  Of course this is probably the 8th time I have made them, but the first time I made them with Yukon Gold potatoes instead of the standard Russet.  I was nervous because I know that Russet makes the BEST baked potato, and thus I thought it would also make the BEST mashed potatoes.  Turns out the Yukon Gold are still excellent in mashed potatoes, I am happy to report.  I'm eating them as we speak...at 3pm...don't judge me.

The turkey, gravy, & stuffing, however, may not be turning out so hot.  We shall soon see as it is supposedly ready at 4pm so we can eat at 4:30 before Jake continues on to work.  No worries - I can survive on the mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce I have chilling in the fridge...YUM!

P.S.  Still sick.  When.  Will.  It.  End.



2 comments:

Sara Beth said...

Thanks for your suggestion on sippy cups at www.twoscoopsforme.blogspot.com I'll have to try them out!

Amanda E. said...

No problem! Your girls are beautiful :-D