Thursday, February 2, 2012

Today is Mother's Day Out...

...and so I ran a few errands.  First to Kroger on Washington Road, the only Kroger I have even darkened the door of since moving to Augusta, and then on to Costco.  Vera was the perfect shopping companion - quiet and smiley.  Jake and Cole?  Not so much...but today they were both 'working' (you know, playing doctor.)

Initially I told Vera it would be a quick trip and proceeded to walk to the produce section as quickly as possible, but something stopped me...beckoned me to abandon my journey to the romaine hearts and, instead, peruse the aisles to my right.  Here was my first victim...

BPA Free Snapware 38 Piece Airtight Plastic Storage Container Set
Because who DOESN'T need snapware?  But really, it was on my list...my *mental* list...and there was an additional instant rebate...less than $15 for 38 pieces?  Sold.  Next on my "mental list" was...



Joseph Joseph color-coded index chopping boards...ordinarily $30 for the set, but a mere $9.97 for moi.  When will I EVER find myself cutting raw fish on the light blue board?  Never.  But it looks nice.  On to the next incredibly frivolous purchase...

All-Clad Stainless-Steel Multipot with Mesh Inserts, 8-Qt.

Why yes, it IS a multipot.  To be fair, I had my eye on the All-Clad rendition (pictured here) which was a mere $200...so spending $30 on this seemed like a steal ;-)  The last interesting purchase from today's Costco run was, in my opinion, a thoroughly awesome bargain...



A J.A. Henckels shears set for $5!!  This typically goes for over $60!

Ahhhhh.  I am hopeless.



No comments: