Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Safe

I have wanted to write about this most recent procedure roughly a bazillion times since having it done at the beginning of last month, but clearly I have not been on the ball.  It is a vastly long story, one that I don't have the effort to actually type at the moment, but I will mention one part of it that sticks in my memory specifically.

The anesthesiologist had already given me some Versed and at this point *most* people can no longer remember what went on after that point, but not I.  I can almost always tell you what was going on in the OR as they fumble around just before giving the sedative (Propofol for this procedure).

It is always nerve-wracking for me in the OR.  There are tons of people there...just standing there...watching you.  It's really great.  And pair that with these people looking like they are about to enter some kind of biohazard zone with their x-ray protection gear on...yeah, it is awesome.

Anyway, as they wheeled me in to the room I immediately hear music.  It is faint, but definitely there.

You will be safe in His arms
You will be safe in His arms
'Cause the hands that hold the world are holding your heart
This is the promise He makes: He will be with you always
When everything is falling apart
You will be safe in His arms

...and I was.




No comments: