Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Lord...errr Lady of the Flies

Well over the past week or so we have been noticing these pesky, massive, slow moving flies in our house on the first floor.  At first I didn't think much about them...then I thought perhaps Cole was leaving the back screen door open more than usual...but then yesterday I came in after bible study and was greeted by what seemed like a bazillion of them.  At that point I knew something was really wrong.

We let the property management company know what was going on and they had a chimney sweep call to schedule us.  The theory was that it was a dead animal in the chimney...of course the chimney guys just left and sadly, no animal carcass was found.  I would say my fly count is probably up to around 75.  How do I know this?  Because I have been killing and then collecting them in a massive ziploc bag for my pest control guy.  Sick.

Now the hypothesis is that there is a dead animal in the HVAC system...or near the intake valve...and the flies are getting into the house that way.  Another option is a dead animal in the crawl space under the house.  Basically SOMETHING is rotting away in or under or around our house and we have no idea what or where it is.  NICE.

This is pretty much cramping my style because, in addition to cleaning all day to sanitize all the surfaces they have landed on, I don't feel like I should cook in this house.  If we can't figure out where they are coming from by this weekend, I am moving out.  Stat.

Our lease is up April 30th and I have never been so ecstatic to move.



No comments: