Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Welcome, 2012!

It has definitely been all quiet on the Western Eastern Front over the past few weeks, which is, of course, my fault.  We headed to Atlanta on Christmas Eve and I ended up having a MASSIVE kidney stone attack while we were there...a couple, really.  I went to the Emergency Room (finally) at Piedmont Hospital to get the pain under control and also to get IV fluids.  They scheduled me in with the urologist for the following morning.  He was an incredibly nice guy but told me that he could not figure out WHY my local doctor would have me undergo a retrograde pyelogram, see a stone (that is MASSIVE), and then NOT take it.  He promptly scheduled me the following week for ANOTHER retrograde pyelogram plus ureteroscopy with laser (to break up the stone) and told me they would need to leave a stent in for a few days.

I am happy to say that I am *finally* DONE with that stone and all the craziness it caused.  They showed me the pieces of it...which of course were huge.  The stent was moderately painful and kept me pretty addicted to my pain meds, but I had it taken out on Monday.  That day I had a SUPER painful (3 percocets) episode, which the doctor described as totally normal since the ureter is now swelling and fluid is backing up into the kidney (temporarily).  I am still having *some* pain but have only had to take 1 percocet if it gets bad enough, so I am on the mend.

Today the kids and I celebrated our arrival back in Augusta (after being gone for 2.5 weeks!) by heading to Costco with friends.  Jake is back on days and I am trying to get back into the swing of cooking/cleaning/yadayada.  I am mostly just wasting time on the internet while watching DVR'd bad reality shows (woo hoo Dance Moms!)

I guess I should put something in here about New Year's Resolutions...peer pressure.  My resolution is to be as organized as possible in 2012.  This includes storing old toys out of the way and de-cluttering the play areas so that Cole and Vera are more likely to USE those areas!  I also know that organization leads to cleanliness, at least for me, because it allows me to easily vacuum, mop, wipe up, etc.  Here's to hoping I can see this resolution through...

P.S.  Check out my next post about Vera's new dresses...



No comments: