Friday, January 13, 2012

Lazy Lazy

I want to start by saying I am truly ALWAYS lazy...well, except for these rare moments of awesomeness (but I could count them on one hand).  There are extraordinarily lazy days, however, and today is one of them.  Part of it can easily be blamed on this hideous stomachache I have had since early yesterday evening...hopefully that will be done today and not ruin Jake's ONE day off (in a bazillion days) tomorrow.

In between laying on my stomach with a heating pad and "helping" Cole (I use the term loosely as he really just wanted my attention), I did manage to make what I am hoping are some truly inspiring meatballs.  They are currently simmering in my brand new programmable crock pot...thanks Jake.  I had planned on making a caprese salad...sliced mozzarella & tomatoes with a homemade balsamic reduction...plus a nice, crusty French baguette (a la Costco)...we'll see if I can get that far today.

Well Vera has been awake and talking in her crib for quite some time and our pest control guy is here...guess I have to stop being EXTRA lazy and just limit it to regular lazy.  But I will leave you with the recipe for our dinner:

Crock Pot Spaghetti & Meatballs

crockpot spaghetti and meatballs

No comments: