Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Glorious Food

Tonight I took it upon myself to make something completely different for dinner.  No, it did not include a salad, bread, or anything remotely close to a vegetable, but it *was* good.
Buffalo Chicken Wontons

I changed it a bit - decided I didn't want to stink up the entire house with the smell of oil, so I baked these suckers at 400 degrees for 10 minutes after laying them on a greased pan and dousing them with cooking spray.  The texture wasn't near as good as what it would have been fried, but what can you say?  My deep fryer has a weird, broken lid and I am looking to replace it, preferably at Costco, but I know I SHOULDN'T.  Anyway, I also folded the two bottom corners together to form...errr...some other shape, not sure what I would call it.  I also paired it with ranch as opposed to blue cheese.  Over all a pretty great, simple dish...would be excellent as an appetizer (but if I was serving this at a party, I would certainly fry it this time around).

A side note - I would seriously recommend Texas Pete's Extra Mild Buffalo sauce if you are ever in the market for a good one.  Super flavorful, but an excellent option if you have kids and thus don't want to burn their faces off at dinner...just a thought.

Tomorrow I am making tostadas with refried beans, seasoned beef, shredded cheddar, taco sauce, tomatoes, lettuce, and (Lord willing) sour cream...but I still have to *get* that.  We'll see if I have the strength to drag Vera into yet another grocery store tomorrow after my urology follow-up here at MCG (Cole will be at Mother's Day Out).  I am *also* making what I hope is an exact replica of the cheap Mexican restaurant queso.  Check it out below...

White_Queso_Dip_2
Queso Blanco


P.S.  We officially turned in all of our passport paperwork (first time applications for Jake, Cole, & Vera and a name change for me) in Aiken this morning...Disney Cruise here we come!  Cole can't stop talking about going to visit Mickey on his "boat" (the Disney Dream).

No comments: