Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Steak 'n Shake Craving

Ever since we moved here to Augusta, I have had an insatiable craving for Steak 'n Shake's chili 3-way (plus cheese).  Is it horrible for you?  Of course.  But I have to have it.  And today is the day.

For those of you who have never had the delicacy (i.e. you have lived in Augusta your entire life...sadly they do not have a Steak 'n Shake here), you are missing out.  You are also probably missing out on Steak 'n Shake's special "Caramel Apple Milkshake," only available around Halloween.  Ah.  Be still my heart.

Back to the chili - here is the "official" definition:

Chili 3-Way

Spaghetti topped with chili, extra chili beef, and our special chili sauce will make a taste bud’s day! Double the chili beef on Chili 3-Way for an additional cost.

Of course I add cheese to this bad boy...which makes it even more excellent.  They *do* have a chili 5 way that includes cheese and onions, but I really just can NOT do the raw onions...a bit too much for me.

So tonight I begin my official pursuit of authentic chili 3-way with the help of a few simple ingredients: spaghetti, ground beef, chili sauce (Heinz, Castleberry, & Texas Pete...just to cover my bases), ketchup, worcestershire sauce, and (of course) shredded cheddar cheese.  I'm sure I'm missing something integral, like a few shakes of banana pepper juice, but this will have to do.  I'll be back here later to let you in on the secret...that is, if I ever find it.

No comments: