Monday, August 1, 2011

Proceed with Caution: Birth Control Ahead

When I tell you what happened to me today, you will probably brush it off and say that I am exaggerating.  I assure you - I am not exaggerating anything.  Today Cole was pretty excellent up until about 1:30 PM.  At that point I decided to feed Vera, something I do about 10 times each day on average at this point.  Cole continued playing in his playroom while I sat on the couch and read email with Vera.  My phone rang...it was a nice lady from Georgia Power calling to schedule our Energy Audit (we have been paying $500 a month for electricity...yeah, nice).  The conversation couldn't have lasted more than about two minutes, but nonetheless Cole decided he had enough of me ignoring him for two other people.  I hear this faint "poo poo dipe" and before I know it, Cole is standing in front of me, poopy diaper in hand.  He got it EVERYWHERE!  And to make matters worse, I had to stay on the phone about 20 seconds longer after that point and couldn't even say a word to Cole.  AAAAAAAAAAAAAGH.  Needless to say Cole went down for his nap immediately after I cleaned him (and the living room) and changed his diaper

Did I also mention that Vera decided not to sleep from about midnight to 3am last night?  Yeah.  Lets hope that tonight is better...  On a more positive note, I did manage to get some things done yesterday evening and today.



No comments: