Saturday, July 23, 2011

A Few Numbers

Well as of today I have reached over 10,000 pageviews!  Yay!  Of course I realize this is really nothing in the scheme of things...perhaps if I could write a bit better...be a bit funnier...you know.

In other news I have been watching the scale like a hawk ever since I gave birth.  With Cole I dropped pounds like I was in a competition with myself.  I had a feeling it would be much more difficult with any kids I had following Cole, though.  Two days after having Vera I had lost a whopping 20lbs---YES!  I naively thought this trend would continue, but alas, it is 16 days later I have (only) lost 10 additional pounds.  Haha I'm an idiot for thinking I would lose 40lbs in 4 days, I know I know.

Good news is I only have 10lbs to go (but I would love to get down to high school weight which would be an additional 10lbs...).  If you have had a kid, though, you know that it takes MUCH MUCH longer to not feel like you are a bowl of jelly...ewwww...sick.  And if you are me, it takes even longer because you blatantly refuse to do any sort of exercise.  I am hoping it will cool down soon so I can at least bust out the double stroller and use it in the neighborhood.

Sadly I gained nearly 40lbs this time around...aghhhhhhhhh (and I gave birth at 37wks 3days...wow, Amanda).  I gained 35lbs with Cole and gave birth at 39wks.  Let me tell you it is DIFFICULT not gaining a bazillion pounds when you are pregnant.  For me it is always the hardest at the end...but I know other people struggle with the second trimester more.  I think the 24/7 nausea through the beginning and middle of my pregnancies pretty much stops weight gain, or at least puts it on hold for a bit.

Needless to say it is nice to finally be able to resume normal activities again...you know---bending over, walking more than a few feet at a time, and fitting through a standard doorway.  Well, I've got to go "exercise"...I mean feed Vera.  This eating every 3-4 hours that Vera does is NOT going to get me to my goal weight like it did with Cole.  Time to start donating to a milk bank.



No comments: