Friday, July 22, 2011

Different

I haven't had a ton of time to blog, but surprisingly enough I DO actually have almost as much spare time as I had pre-Vera.  Of course this may seem a bit shocking, but honestly aside from feeding her about every 2.5-3 hours life is very similar.  Cole is still sleeping like a champ during naptime and overnight, which really helps.  Vera sleeps her longest stretches at night and typically goes 11pm to 3:30 or 4am, then eats and goes back to sleep until about 8 or 9am.

Vera's entire personality is an about face from Cole's as an infant.  She rarely cries and when she does, there is typically a concrete reason for it.  Feeding her is very different as well.  I just took a quick look back at Cole's schedule back in January of 2010 when he was 6 months old.  On average he was eating 2-3 meals of solids each day and still nursing every 2-2.5 hours each day!  Vera has already spaced herself out more than that at only 2 weeks old...crazy.  Of course much of this has to do with Cole having some severe feeding difficulties in his first 4 months...which shaped the way he thinks about food (definitely a comfort eater, ha).

All of the issues I thought I would have, like trying to put Cole to bed while Vera is screaming, etc etc, are actually non-issues.  There are still logistics problems (aka getting into and out of the car/carseats/stroller), but I have found that planning ahead and taking my time can fix many of these issues.  I have also found the iPad to be an amazing tool to keep Cole busy if only for a couple minutes.

Keeping the house clean is still a joke.  Most of the time I clean everything up and right behind me Cole comes along and destroys even more.  Luckily we have a playroom that is messy all the time, but houses the thousands of toys that Cole has (and rarely plays with).

Well it is officially naptime now and so I should get Cole down while Vera is sleeping in the swing.  We have a TON to do before Cole's 2nd birthday party tomorrow!!  All I want to do is nap...



No comments: