Thursday, June 16, 2011

Freezer Meals

I have officially made out my list of dishes that I plan to make and freeze (in our brand new chest freezer - YES!) over the next two weeks. It is my goal that I have at least a couple weeks worth of stuff that can just be plopped in the oven once baby dos makes his/her arrival. For your viewing pleasure...

Sour Cream Noodle Bake - we have had this and absolutely LOVE it!
*Freeze WITHOUT green onions before baking

Chicken Spaghetti - never tried it, but the reviewers pretty much rave about it
*Freeze before baking

Cowboy Calzones - love the idea of baking them, then freezing, and putting them in the microwave whenever you want one!
*Freeze AFTER baking & cooling (microwave to heat up)

The Best Lasagna Ever - this really is the best lasagna...ever...trust me...
*Freeze before baking

Olive Cheese Bread - have not had this one but looks like my kind of snack...errr...meal...
*Flash freeze initially before baking and then place in a freezer bag in freezer

Twice Baked Potatoes - tried it and this is awesome!
*Freeze WITHOUT green onions before baking

White Chicken Enchiladas - wow, the picture is pretty amazing on this one
*Freeze before baking

Three Cheese-Stuffed Shells with Meaty Tomato Sauce - stuffed shells are a standby for freezer meals
*Freeze shells by themselves before baking; also freeze meat sauce separately

2 comments:

Eric and Darcy said...

I've made the white chicken enchiladas and the stuffed shells several times and they are both great! I was planning on making you some meals anyway, so keep those for last on your list and if I can get my kitchen unpacked I'll make them for you!

Amanda E. said...

You are too sweet! But you will have so much on your plate - we should be making meals for YOU!!