Tuesday, June 28, 2011

36 Week Check-Up

I'll warn you right now - if you don't want a brutally honest update about this pregnancy thus far, stop reading.
...
...
...
...
...
...
OK, so for all of you still out there reading, Cole and I went to my 36 week check-up today downtown at MCG.  Per usual they saw us almost immediately, but sadly we ended up waiting maybe 15-20 minutes on the doctor (she is UBER busy right now), which of course makes sense considering it was Cole's first time coming with me to an appointment in Augusta :-(  He was pretty good with his fruit snacks, however.

I turn 37 weeks on Friday, and so since I was so close to being full term, she asked if I would like to be checked.  They were doing the group B strep testing today anyway, so I decided it would be better to know where I am progress-wise rather than wait another week wondering.  Well wow.  To give you some background, with Cole my water broke and I went in and found out I was 3cm dilated (of course the fake second year *thought* I was at 6cm...but we'll not go there this time).  What am I now?  At 36 weeks?  Why I am at 3cm.  Right.  Now.

Of course many times dilation means absolutely NOTHING for some people (hahaha Ashley) but it does mean one thing---those "Braxton Hicks" contractions I have been having have actually caused cervical change...which Jake would then correct me and say that they were NOT Braxton Hicks contractions given that one of the definitions is that they do not bring about cervical change.  Oh well.  We could go around and around on that one.

I'm pretty much good to go as long as this kid can wait to be born until July 1st (for insurance purposes), although 38 weeks or later would really be best given some of the recent studies on 37 week kids.  Plus I am uber lazy...and if I have to teach a kid with zero suck reflex how to nurse I think I may lose my mind entirely.

So there you go.  Your daily dose of TMI, courtesy of moi.

No comments: