Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Adjusting to Life...in a Sauna

Is it fun to feel liberated by starting over in a brand new city in a beautiful area of the country?  Yep.  Is it awesome to feel 100% bogged down by the daunting task of unpacking nearly 11,000 pounds of your own useless CRAP that you never use while attempting to settle in to your new home?  Nope.  And even attempting this move at 32 weeks pregnant should be illegal in all 50 states.  I have pretty much zero energy and yet the chaos in our house is driving me crazy.  To top it off, we seem to be on the brink of an ant problem which is only getting worse given that I can hardly clean any surfaces since they are buried under about 12 inches of useless stuff.

We are trying to figure everything out about living in Augusta...getting our Georgia driver's licenses...running to Lowe's...grocery shopping...running back to Lowe's...going to Buy Buy Baby...and Bed, Bath, & Beyond...realizing that we'll need 10 window panels alone just to bring some life to our living room...AAAAAAAAAGH.  We come home from running errands simply to add countless other items to our neverending list and then instead of relaxing, we end up drowning in moving boxes.  Jake and I have the world's largest give-away stack going and we plan to continue purging everything that we can possibly live without throughout this next year.

OK, I'll stop being Debbie Downer now.  I had my very first OB visit in Augusta this morning and it went so well!  I felt like I had the most personalized care I had ever experienced!  So strange given that MCG is a teaching hospital...oh well.  I feel like it should be a great experience.  Our doctor even helped alleviate my fears that Cole may not have a caregiver for a while depending on when labor begins---she said MCG is totally accepting of *anyone* being in the delivery room...she even said last week one family had their two year old there (being taken care of by the patient's husband obviously).  My goal is to NOT have Cole in the hospital with us at all, but it is nice to know that if we need to bring him at least initially before my mom can get to Augusta, it will be a non-issue for the hospital.

I am measuring right at 31 weeks, which was surprising to me since I feel like if anything I am larger than I should be.  Total weight gain thus far: 30 pounds.  AAAAAAAAAAGH.  Shoot me in the face.  And with that I shall leave you all and head to bed...

2 comments:

Eric and Darcy said...

Don't you dare stress out about going into labor and not knowing what to do with Cole. We'll take him! I've been meaning to offer. Whenever you need to, just drop him off! The boys will have so much fun!

Amanda E. said...

Awww---you are too sweet! Thanks so much for the offer :-D I'll try not to break my water at 2am again this time...bahahahaha.