Tuesday, February 8, 2011

First Post of February

Well Match Day is (not so fast) approaching and each day we get closer and closer to finding out the big mystery of where we will be building our life for the next four years.  No biggie.  Right.  At this point I am probably more interested in finding out where we match than I am in finding out the gender of baby dos...sounds bad, but that's where I am right now.

Jake has a pretty awesome rotation this month that has him at home about 99% of the time.  I am a HUGE fan of this, but part of me wonders if it is a good idea for me to get used to this utopian existence.  In July our lives will change...dramatically...first with Jake entering his first (intern) of four years of a (hopefully) med/peds residency...and then with the birth of our second child.  Of course I am not mentioning what happens prior to July after we match...putting the house on the market, buying our second home, MOVING, and possibly switching doctors...depending on where we are of course.

Speaking of baby dos, he or she is doing well.  Heart rate is right at 145 bpm according to my appointment yesterday.  Sadly I gained a few pounds...ugh...so total weight gain at this point is +4lbs.  Luckily even though I started out a couple pounds heavier than I started with Cole, I am right around the same weight which is fine.  I started feeling movement with this one around 15 weeks...for Cole it was 16 weeks.  Even now, however, I *barely* feel this kid move which is a huge change from what I am used to.

I'll leave you with another Cole v. baby dos comparison...

16 weeks with Cole
16 weeks with baby dos

No comments: