Friday, February 25, 2011

The Best Lasagna. Ever. No really. It is.

I'll have to admit, I was INCREDIBLY skeptical when I began following Ree Drummond's recipe for "The Best Lasagna Ever."  You see I am a ricotta girl.  I love ricotta.  I eat it in pasta, on pizza, in stromboli...you name it, I put ricotta on it...well, not really...but you get my point.  The Pioneer Woman's recipe calls for lowfat cottage cheese instead of ricotta and although I grew up having cottage cheese as a side to virtually every dinner I ever ate at home, I thought it might "dumb down" lasagna when compared to my beloved ricotta.  Nonetheless I took the plunge and followed her recipe completely as I trust her when it comes to my kitchen...she has not steered me wrong thus far.

Well well well...let me just say I am glad that I trusted Mrs. Drummond.  WOW!  I am fully astounded by this lasagna.  I wondered while making it how such mundane ingredients could lead to something that wasn't 100% ordinary.  Well I was wrong for doubting you, Ree.  I was SO wrong...  Even Cole thought it was the best thing he had ever eaten after dropping his fork midway through and shoveling handfuls of lasagna into his mouth as fast as possible.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/the_best_lasagn/

Try it people.  You will love yourself for doing this.

No comments: