Friday, January 7, 2011

Morning Sickness (originally written 12/03/10)

Today I am 7 weeks 3 days and still in the midst of the dreaded morning sickness...this time around it started at 5 weeks whereas with Cole it was exactly 6 weeks.  Surprisingly enough instead of being super sick when I wake up (like with Cole) I am pretty OK for the first couple hours.  I'll eat breakfast but then have to take 4mg Zofran to stay ahead of the nausea.

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE Zofran?!  It is truly a miracle drug and has saved me throughout all of this interview traveling.  The best part is that the patent on the drug is long expired, so I am able to get the generic for about $33 for 20 pills at retail cost (which I halve since they are 8mg each).  I highly suggest it to anyone with morning sickness!

I *never* throw up if I can help it (emetophobic), and so I completely avoided that with Cole and I think I'll be able to do the same with this baby.  Of course over Thanksgiving I managed to contract the dreaded "plague" (aka stomach bug) and did throw up twice...but I'm not including that as morning sickness, haha...because it WASN'T.  Ugh.

Anyway---my first appointment is Friday, December 10th and I am anxious to actually see the baby and hear the heartbeat.  Until then I will always have this nagging feeling about all of it (even though the morning sickness alone should give me some peace I suppose).  I can't wait for the appointment and then getting to plan how we tell both our families!

No comments: