Friday, January 7, 2011

More Morning Sickness (originally written 12/15/10)

After having our very first prenatal appointment for baby dos last Friday, we found out that instead of having a due date of July 19th as originally anticipated, based on size the baby is measuring for a due date of July 22nd.  This is pretty cool because as many of you know, this is the day before Cole's original anticipated due date back in '09 :-D  What is not cool is the ridiculous nausea that is continuing...with quite a vengeance.

I HATE morning sickness.  I know I have said it before, but I will say it again.  HATE HATE HATE.  Now, of course, you have to be careful who you complain to nowadays...someone may ask you how you are feeling and once you say "ehh, not great" they'll meet that and raise you 400 with "oh honey, my cousin's brother's wife was sick as a dog in the hospital on IV fluids for the entire 9 months, you ain't seen nothin' yet."  Yes.  And isn't that comforting?  Right.  Not to mention the small percentage of pregnant women who have zero morning sickness and wish they did every single day to have some sort of peace of mind that everything is moving along well.  It is a blessing in that regard, but a curse in all others.  Please, Lord, let this leave by 14 weeks this time...none of this 22 week relief crap.  Not with a pre-existing child present (and as angry as ever).

I have my next appointment on Friday, January 7th and I am *hoping* that it will be short and sweet, like all of my prenatal appointments with Cole.  The first appointment last Friday was CRAZY long...we're talking 2 full hours from start to finish.  Aghhhhh!  And we had Cole with us.  Awesome.

No comments: