Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Purchases...Purchases...and Yes, More Purchases

Sadly my Macbook is on its last leg.  Apparently the power connector is totally punking out on me and very rarely am I even able to charge the laptop.  After looking at all of our options, Jake and I are about 90% settled on getting a new 13" Macbook Pro.  In a perfect world we would have both an iMac and a Macbook Pro, but we'll save that for later when Cole is older and obviously wants a computer.  We'll get an iMac at that point put it in the living room for Cole...no computers in bedrooms for a while (right Tiff?  hehehe).


On a different note, I am in the middle of trying to plan my life again (unsuccessfully of course).  You see, we don't find out where we will be living for the next 4 years until March of next year, but I want to know earlier...naturally.  I have decided that if we remain in Indy, I will obviously need something to cheer myself up about NOT going back to our beloved Nashville...that's when Ikea comes in (lol). 

We are thinking that moving would be pointless if we stay in Indy.  We have a TON of square footage in our townhome (1700), even though the layout (3 stories) is severely less than ideal.  A few of our neighbors have moved their master bedrooms to the loft area and have used the second story bedrooms for their kids, or in our case, for Cole and then an office area.  I have even toyed with the idea of adding a full bathroom to the loft area, especially since the water is already there for the washer.


ANYWAY...back to Ikea.  I *thought* that there would be no way I would ever purchase another fabric sofa, but after looking at the leather options and coming up empty-handed with virtually nothing that was attractive and yet would fit our space well, I turned to Ikea's TYLOSAND.  I absolutely love the 3 person couch and was ecstatic to find out that they also make a sofa bed version of the same couch!   TYLÖSAND Sofa-bed w/ storage compartment natural Distance from floor to bed base: 12 1/4 " Width: 94 1/2 " Depth: 35 7/8 " Height: 29 7/8 " Seat depth: 27 1/2 " Seat height: 18 1/8 " Bed width: 55 1/8 " Bed length: 78 3/4 "  Distance from floor to bed base: 31 cm Width: 240 cm Depth: 91 cm Height: 76 cm Seat depth: 70 cm Seat height: 46 cm Bed width: 140 cm Bed length: 200 cm
Here are the reasons I LOVE this sofa:
*Incredibly easy to move to another house - every single one of these cushions comes out and you are left with just a frame
*Smaller - pretty much anything is smaller than our current 3 piece sofa sectional, but this is nice, slim, and low profile which will go with the rest of our modern decor
*Functional - the fold out bed makes this the obvious choice for us as it will become the place where our guests sleep
*Easy to clean - you can purchase additional slipcovers for this sofa, which I plan on buying at the same time, and some of the covers are even machine washable (others are dry clean only, but still a very nice option when it comes to trying to easily clean an entire sofa); our dogs leave SO much hair on our furniture...it will be nice to know that once a month or so, after constantly using lint rollers for quick cleans, there will be a way to actually rid myself of ALL of the hair on the couch!

You didn't think I could stop there, though, did you?  I am thinking about purchasing a matching ottoman (and slipcovers) and this accent chair (shown with the two slipcovers I plan on buying):







I would love to still be able to use our sectional, however...it may just have to stay in storage for a little bit depending on where we are.  It would be a perfect sectional for a basement and/or theatre room since it seats quite a few people.  Well, it is late...and I have already spent quite a bit of $$ (in my mind, at least), so I'll stop writing.  Hopefully I'll be more regular with this blog now that things have calmed down a bit.  Next up: Cole's birthday party here in New Albany on Saturday!  Followed by our trip to NYC at the end of the month...we are so busy.

No comments: