Friday, June 25, 2010

Brawny Paper Towels...Among Other Things

Someone tell me why I decided to branch out and purchase Brawny paper towels the last time I was at Target.  Oh yes, they were on sale...and I couldn't bear the thought of spending $20 on Bounty (again), so I gave it a shot.  Never again.  The lint on these things is virtually astounding.  I thought we just had a ton of dust in the house (which we do), but then I started noticing that even hours after I dusted and polished the stainless steel on our toaster oven (where the paper towels sit), there were all of these fluttery white things sitting there yet again.  Turns out it is, indeed, the paper towels.

I know, random and ridiculous to be talking about paper towels.

ANYWAY...it has been a little bit since I last blogged, but I am happy to say that everything is going excellently!  Cole's outlook on life has improved dramatically to say the least.  He is now drinking whole cow's milk and a vast array of other dairy products.  He is a TERRIFIC eater and will at least try anything you offer him, liking about 90% of it.  Burgers are at the top of his list, but he is a huge fan of turkey sandwiches as well.  The only thing we have come across that he doesn't care for is pasta...crazy isn't it?  We think it is a texture thing as we were able to get him to eat chili with spaghetti by loading it up with crushed saltines (making the texture incredibly different). 

It is so nice to be able to go out to eat and not have to bring baby food along.  We travel with Cole's sippy cup and some kind of finger food snack, like Arrowroot Cookies, Cheerios, Gerber Yogurt Melts, or crackers.  We don't do a ton of juices---he sticks to whole milk, water, and the occasional root beer ;-)

Jake is doing well, too.  This entire month he has been off on vacation, although he has been studying 24/7, so I wouldn't consider that much of a vacation.  Nonetheless we have had plenty of time to visit with friends in Nashville, family in Atlanta and New Albany, and do some fun things like the Georgia  Aquarium and the Indy Zoo.  Cole LOVES spending time with his dad---no doubt because he is more fun...

Naturally I have spent this "vacation" month totally taking advantage of the fact that Jake is home, therefore I have had a huge break taking care of Cole.  It is nice knowing that you are no longer the only one who can feed your child or put them to sleep.  I have also been trying to catch up on my vast array of DVR'd shows.  It is a great thing that Jake added a ton of memory to the DVR...otherwise I would be in trouble.  Speaking of which, the new show following residents in the ER, Boston Med, is awesome---check it out (on ABC).

I have also been busily shopping for just about any and everything pertaining to Cole's upcoming birthday.  So far he has received the following as "early" birthday gifts:

<em>Star Wars</em>™ R2-D2™ Hybrid Anywhere Chair
http://www.mallshooting.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Little-Tikes-3-in-1-Smart-Trike.jpg
http://safemama.com/wp-content/uploads/sun_smarties.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51XnQWpE0sL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

And on Monday he will receive the Combi Coccoro carseat for our upcoming trip to NYC, but naturally that is NOT on his top 10 list of favorite gifts.

http://img.meijer.com/assets/product_images/styles/xlarge/1002622_8220101_A_400.jpg

And of course with all this gift buying/giving for Cole, I had to purchase something for myself...which brings me to this...

http://dyn-images.hsni.com/is/image/HomeShoppingNetwork/377985

The Hoover Platinum Collection LiNX Cordless Stick Vacuum with Lithium-Ion Battery and Charger!  Let me just tell you that this thing lives up to all of the hype.  It is marketed as one of the only cordless vacuums that can virtually replace a full fledged upright and if you live in a small space, it truly can replace your old regular vacuum!  You simply charge the Lithium-Ion Battery in this lovely base, shown below, for 3 hours and it gives you a full 30 minutes of power (sometimes more!) without EVER slowing down.
http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/vacuumcleanerbacgs/HooverLinxBattery.jpg

Check out this awesome product demonstration video:

Hoover Platinum LiNX Collection

I'll get off my soapbox now.  I'm off to start cooking for our cookout with the neighbors tonight.  We get to meet our brand new neighbor AND eat a ton of great food...awesome.

No comments: