Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Been a While

Jake's family spent the night here in Atlanta last night on their way back home from Florida.  It was great to see them and get to spend some time in the pool/spa :-D  They just left to go home, Cole is taking a late morning nap, Jake is studying for Step 2 of the USMLE, the dogs are being groomed in a van outside our house, and I am sitting here at the computer after having done a huge cleaning blitz of our room/bathroom.  I have been doing a HORRIBLE job of blogging as of late...but it has been pretty fast paced around here lately.

To update everyone out there, Cole FINALLY has his first tooth...err...teeth.  Initially it was just one of the bottom middle teeth (his left side), which Jake found on May 24th, that was coming in.  A few days later, however, the one next to it also erupted (his right side).  They don't seem to bother him very much except right before bed.  He is still cranky A TON, but that is just his baseline every day behavior...so we know the teeth are not causing anything out of the ordinary to happen.

Cole's birthday party is coming up and although I LOVE planning events, I have totally been slacking off in the preparation department thus far.  It is still early, however, and hopefully I'll get myself in gear soon.  I do at least have the invitations, treat bags, personalized stickers, and goodies for the treat bags purchased and ready.  Now it is just a matter of addressing invites, planning sides (main course of Chick-fil-a nuggets has already been decided, lol), planning Cole's cake & cupcakes, and buying decorations.

Well, I should get off here so I can actually take a shower...first one in a couple of days...gross.

No comments: