Monday, April 5, 2010

March Madness

Well Cole and I are FINALLY back home, along with Jake who is currently on an awesome anesthesia rotation right now. He gets home around noon every single day and works zero weekends. I am in HEAVEN! And so is Cole!

Cole is sleeping like a pro---goes to bed anywhere from 7:30 to 8:30 and gets up anywhere between 6:30 and 7:30. Zero nightwakings---way to go Cole! Sadly the past couple of days he has been even more fussy than usual...which makes for a VERY fussy baby.

I am super excited about tonight's game. We are a house divided as Jake is rooting for Butler and I am hoping Duke wins. I have a feeling, though, that it may be Butler's time...especially since they are playing at "home." We'll soon see...

I DO like that this is FORCING the people of Indianapolis to take notice when it comes to college basketball. These people around here are psychotic for their precious Colts...bahahaha.
They would even rather watch the Pacers prance around on the court, without a care in the world (because of course they are paid bank no matter the outcome of the game). Oh and I just LOVE that everyone is now talking about baseball season...ugh. Don't remind me.

I go back to New Albany next Friday for a follow-up with the Urologist and to have the stent removed. They will do another analysis of this stone...and I am hoping it is the same type as the prior stone (Carbonate Apatite, also known as an "infection stone" and only occurs in about 10% of all kidney stones).

My guess is that he will have me schedule yet another lithotripsy to be done on the other kidney in the coming months to bust up the 6mm stone. Although it is an obnoxious procedure, it was fairly painless and only required me to be nauseous for a couple of hours. I did NOT like being put under, but there are much worse things that could happen to me...like having another kidney stone episode where this other one starts moving...I can't afford for that to happen.

Eventually we'll want to have another kid and I do not want to worry about having this kidney stone start to move during pregnancy and then being unable to do the lithotripsy. I am lucky that the stone that was blocking me during pregnancy didn't cause my kidney to shut down and die...I now know that.

Well I should go get ready for bed so I can watch the game...it should be awesome!

No comments: