Tuesday, February 2, 2010

It is February Already?

This past weekend Jake, Cole, and I went down to Southern Indiana to visit with his parents and sister. It was a great trip and good to see Jake's dad before his trip to Haiti (he left very early Sunday morning and comes back in 7 days). Cole had one bad night and one better night.

Yesterday we received the long-awaited Kanoe in the mail, and let me say it did NOT disappoint! Jake was so nice to spend last night trying to find a stud in the nursery ceiling so he could install the eye lag that the Kanoe hangs on. Luckily everything went pretty smoothly and it was put up in no time!

Today was the first time I tried it. After Cole had been awake for 2 hours, which is when he typically takes his first nap of the day, I changed him (which pissed him off naturally), and placed him in the Kanoe with a blanket and his new glowing seahorse that sings. He acted like he was going to start arching his back and screaming, per usual, but I gently rocked the Kanoe back and forth and he calmed a bit. He started to get fussy after about two minutes so I gave him his pacifier...then after about 3 additional minutes he turned his head to the side, closed his eyes, and was completely out!

I thought this was really a miracle product simply because it shortened the naptime routine from about 20 minutes to 5 minutes, AND I never had to feed him (which is amazing)! But to my surprise, the Kanoe is even better than I thought as Cole lengthened his typical 40 minute nap to 1 hour and 45 minutes!!! Cole woke up in an excellent mood and was able to play quietly by himself for 45 minutes while I fixed and ate my lunch. I will be trying it again for the afternoon nap, which is more difficult, and hopefully I will get some good results. Below is a picture of the Kanoe installed in his nursery:

No comments: