Thursday, December 17, 2009

Your Baby Can Read!

Yesterday we started the "Your Baby Can Read" program with Cole (Christmas gift from my parents). So far we really like the program. We aren't interested in trying to make Cole some baby genius who reads at 18 months, but it is nice to have the curriculum around so we have something fun and fairly educational to do with him. So far he has watched the "starter dvd" twice and I hope to show him some of the word cards today.

As I was reading through the "parent" portion of the material, I started realizing that Cole probably watches entirely too much television since I am a total junkie. Literally the television is on from 8am to 11pm every single day. Because of that my new resolution is to keep the television off as much as possible, only turning it on for a favorite show or while Cole is eating or sleeping. So far so good today (amazingly enough).

Today I am making crockpot baby back ribs for the very first time. Hopefully they are good as Jake is not really a fan of ribs in general. I am also hoping to make mashed potatoes and corn...we'll see how that goes.

I am also hoping to get some serious packing done this weekend since we will be leaving for Florida in 9 days!! It will be Cole's first time flying. We don't anticipate any issues, but I am trying to make sure we bring as little as possible and then buy as much as possible when we get there (diapers, wipes, baby food, etc.)

No comments: