Thursday, August 27, 2009

Such a Slacker

Well I feel absolutely horrible for not having updated this blog in just about forever, which is why I am on here incredibly late tonight. Life with Cole is fairly tumultuous as we are fairly certain he could be diagnosed with "colic" (ha, if doctors could decide WHAT that indeed means). Based on an incredible book I have been reading ("The Happiest Baby on the Block"), colic can be defined as the need for a "fourth trimester"---aka a colicky kid has not been able to adapt quite so well to life outside the womb. The pediatrician who wrote the book does not believe that colic has anything to do with stomach problems, and we don't think Cole has those (a positive).

These days my life consists of feeding almost constantly from 9am to 11pm with a couple of 3 hour breaks in there. It is really rough, but we are holding out for the magical 3 month mark when most kids grow out of this incredible fussiness. We have been blessed to have a child who does understand the difference between night and day, however. Cole typically sleeps anywhere from 5 to 7 hours (in a ROW) each night which is excellent!

Well, I shouldn't even be on here this late as I am really cutting into my sleep...Cole and I are going to my 6 week postpartum check-up tomorrow at 10:30am so I will finally go to bed now. I hope to update soon and need to start taking more pictures of the milk monster! Jake just purchased a new, super cool camera and hopefully we can get that working soon.

No comments: