Friday, March 20, 2009

First Childbirth Preparation Class

So I haven't updated in a bit, but on Wednesday evening we had our first childbirth preparation class at St. Vincent. First we woofed down veggie subs from Subway and then made our way all the way up to 86th street (a huge trek from 24th I would say!) Our instructor was so great---her name is Jane and she is 80 years old! She saw her first birth in 1947 (back when they used ether...nice). The class was pretty much hysterical and we had a lot of fun. There are 4 classes total, one each Wednesday night for 4 weeks, and we are glad that St. Vincent does such a great job with the program. Of course when the class ended at 9pm we had to go get yet ANOTHER 6 inch subway sandwich for me...as I was starving, nice.

I also got to actually go into the St. Vincent Women's Hospital for the first time, which is where we will be delivering. It is a really nice place---I was surprised. Hopefully I will be able to pre-register online today so that we don't have to worry with paperwork in July when we go there.

Yesterday Jake finished painting the nursery and it looks great! I posted some pictures, although I took them this morning and unfortunately we still do not have blinds for that room so it is super sunny and hard to determine what color the walls actually are, haha. I hope we can find a great deal on some blinds soon---Jake and I really want the large slatted silver aluminum ones connected by these ribbon-like things, the same ones that the 21cMuseum Hotel has, lol.

Last night we went out to eat with some friends from medical school at Five Guys Burgers & Fries. It was pretty good---our first time eating there---and I would recommend it. They also have fountain cherry coke and fountain Barq's root beer so I was pretty much in heaven.

No comments: