Monday, February 23, 2009

Weekend News

Well our weekend here in Indianapolis was pretty bleak to say the least---it was freezing cold and seemed to snow nearly every day (although not enough to make a big difference in road conditions, so that was a positive). I thought my nausea was officially gone and I was only left with food aversions, but I was incorrect. The nausea is still here and going strong...so obnoxious to say the least.

On the positive side, I have found something I really like to eat - BW3's naked chicken tenders w/ medium sauce (and a side of ranch - very important). We had that last night (along with sour cream & chive potato wedges...thank goodness I can now eat fries again) and it was excellent! Now I am debating on whether or not to go down and get it yet again today or sometime this week for lunch since I am within walking distance...

On Saturday Jake and I went to our "neighborhood Sherwin-Williams," lol, which actually is just down the street from us. I brought the comforter from our bedding set and we successfully matched the light blue with about 5 different color swatches. Jake and I plan to go back and purchase their no VOC/low odor Harmony paint (specifically recommended for nurseries, which is cool) after his next round of tests, just before his Spring break. It will be fun to be able to pain the room and put up the decal that we ordered from an artist on Etsy.com!

So I have been having slight sinus issues for a couple of weeks now, but perhaps the funniest development over the weekend is that I officially have a full blown case of what is called "pregnancy rhinitis." I'll be honest - it sucks. I sleep with a warm mist humidifier LITERALLY on my face at night...I should get a hose attachment and put it over my mouth, that might work out better (although it would look like a sleep apnea machine probably). I sneeze a ridiculous amount of times each day and have to keep tissues with me at all times. I am just thankful I don't have an actual cold---the nausea, sneezing, and runny nose are enough for me at this moment in time.

We go for our "big" ultrasound next Tuesday, which is also Jake and I's two year anniversary. I would have gone ahead and taken the day off, but Jake has tests all next week and it just wouldn't make sense because he will be studying the entire time. We plan to go out that night, however, to the Melting Pot to celebrate. Lets hope that I am up for the outing by then!

P.S. We do plan on putting together the changing table this week, we are just waiting on some missing screws to be shipped to us from Overstock. I am hoping they will get to us Wednesday and that we will have pictures uploaded by that evening! In the meantime, check out the "Baby Eichenberger" album for more pictures of the nursery (with bedding).

No comments: