Friday, January 30, 2009

15 Weeks Today---Only 175 Days to Go

Well I thought I would finally post an update today since it marks week 15 for us. As many of you know, I have been pretty sick since week 6, but I think the end is finally in sight. I think that by week 16 I will be at least 80% back to normal (right now I am about 50% back). I still have to eat often, but instead of every 45 minutes, I am down to every hour and a half or so (which is EXCELLENT for me).

This week was a strange one for Jake and I. We had a fairly large snow storm blow into town on Monday and Tuesday which kept kids out of school Tuesday through Thursday in some cases. IU hardly ever closes, but they actually closed Wednesday due to an accumulation of over 12 inches here in Indy! My work even closed...ha. Luckily Jake and I replaced my back tires of the Volvo S40 this past weekend, so we were as ready as we could be.

And speaking of cars, we have good news about our search for a larger car---my parents are graciously giving us mom's Volvo XC90 in March and we are SUPER excited and grateful! It will be nice to have an SUV to tote around all of the animals PLUS the new baby when we go on road trips to Louisville, Nashville, and Atlanta.

More good news---my mom is taking me to New York City at the end of March for a spa & shopping trip! We have already lined up the itinerary and will be going to Edamame, a maternity spa, the flagship store for A Pea in the Pod, a designer maternity boutique, as well as FAO Schwartz, La Mela (a favorite Italian restaurant), and a broadway show (still have not decided about this one---leaning toward Phantom, though). I am definitely excited to have the chance to get AWAY from Indianapolis. Sadly, Jake will remain here since school will still be in full swing. Hopefully the animals are not too hard on him...

Monday is my next doctor's appointment, but it should be quick as they are simply checking the heartbeat and asking if I have any questions. I'll be sure to give an update later!

P.S. I did find out at my January 5th appointment that I am O negative. Sadly Jake is O positive, so I WILL have to have the RhoGam shot at 28 weeks and then again at delivery. It is not an issue, however, since they are able to prevent any incompatibility issues with the shot, but it is funny that I never knew my blood type until now. :-)

No comments: