Thursday, October 9, 2008

Civic Duty---Done

Just got back from the Marion County Clerk's office where Jake and I voted this afternoon. Are we sure that our votes will be placed in the correct bin AND counted? No. But we did vote, just so it is on the record.

Visiting the government building downtown was like coming "home" to Randstad---hundreds of people crowded around, being as rude as humanly possible, speaking with no regard to the rules of the English language, and all of them there for different reasons. Well, I have heard all of those reasons before---my baby's mama's daddy is in jail, my license was taken away for a "couple" of parking tickets, a police officer found my "cousin's" weed in my car...the list goes on and on. If anyone wants to know where all the people I hired are, check the government building.

No comments: